Friday, August 21, 2015
Gastroenteritis virus, also known as stomach flu is a common stomach and intestines infection. It’s the second most common disease met in American family and causes about 50,000 hospitalizations per year. The virus can be transferred from food of infected person and spread from one person to another through plate, food, and water which made this virus highly spread and disease can be happened if you lazy to wash your hand or do sterilization in Public facility. Stomach flu symptoms commonly found in school, hospital, long term treatment facility, jails, dormitory, and sailor ship.
Virus which caused stomach flu symptoms are rotavirus, Norovirus, adenovirus, saporvirus and astrovirus. Rotavirus is virus which mostly involved in this disease. Gastroenteritis caused endemic in babies and pupils. Norovirus (Norwalkvirus) causes 90% of Gastroenteritis disease. It’s not true about influenza virus implication related with this infection.
This Gastroenteritis virus is signed by intense muscle aches, cramps, and fever before nausea, pain in stomach, vomit, and/or diarrhea. Vomit and diarrhea are the most common symptom met. While nausea and stomachache also followed by vomit and diarrhea. It sometimes causes people feel so exhausted and dry because energy in our body involved in effort to clean our body from virus. Person who suffered this can also lose their body fluid because of vomit and diarrhea. The symptoms started one or two days after got infected and the last 1-10 days, depended on virus involved.
Gastroenteritis virus treatment included takes a rest and drink analgesics-hydration. Tylenol can also be used to treated fever and muscle clamps by add some water or electrolyte rehydration solution oral drink (glucose and electrolyte) are important to avoid dehydration when replacing fluids, ready to change volume and electrolyte such as sodium, chloride, hydrogen and potassium. Water as hydration helps to replace volume, but if it is too much giving without electrolyte changing which the important ion concentrate would be decreasing and metabolism / electrolyte would cause imbalance in our body. Dehydration should be avoided. Electrolyte drink will be so important to protect against hyponatremia. Sports drink would fill this requirement.
Someone has to drink enough fluid to keep them save from dehydration. Proper hydration is important for younger (baby), old, weak and immunocompromised. Their body is in pressure and stomach flu can influence their body. They should recover their body by water because vomit and diarrhea could drain their body.
If dehydration happened, normal balance body fluid would be disturbed and has potential to abnormal electrolyte (sodium, potassium, hydrogen, bicarbonat, and chloride) can be happened. Abnormal electrolyte could influence nerves, cardiovascular, system related with lungs, kidney, etc. Dehydration can be seen from dry mouth, defecate, which would let your child to distribution such disease.
Although someone may get tempted to use anti-diarrhea (imodium) and anti-vomit (phenergan) medicine, this medicine type is not suggested along this time. It would be better to let body’s defense mechanism for defense function.
This Gastroenteritis virus can be stopped by washing your hand after eating and using bathroom and also contact with infected food. Balanced diet and taking supplement which is able to raise body immunity can also prevent Gastroenteritis virus.
The disease which has medical name viral gastroenteritis could attack your child when he/she consume contaminated food or drink. Stomach flu will make your children vomit and diarrhea.
If your child get infected with stomach flu, don’t give him/her diarrhea medicine except your doctor suggest so, because diarrhea medicine will cause children harder to elminiate the virus causes. In addition of diarrhea medicine, milk processing products can also be used for stomach flu sufferer. Keep your children so they won’t get dehydration.
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Viral gastroenteritis can affect one person or group of people who have consumed the same type of food or drinking water contaminated with the virus. Stomach flu is a major cause of severe diarrhea in both adults and children.
The symptoms of stomach flu occurring in 4 to 48 hours after viral infection.
The most common complaints are:
nausea and vomiting;
muscle and joint pain.
One of the serious complications of stomach flu is the development of dehydration. Your body needs fluids to function normally. Dehydration can be caused by vomiting, abnormal urination or sweating hard. In viral gastroenteritis combination of diarrhea and vomiting can cause dehydration.
Signs of dehydration are:
dry mucous membranes;
decreased urine output, which is highly concentrated;
The goal of treatment for stomach flu is to prevent the development of dehydration by submitting enough fluid to cover losses. Fluids and minerals that are lost through diarrhea and vomiting should be restored by infusions of appropriate solutions or fluid intake by mouth.
The first few days after an illness of viral gastroenteritis intake should be limited to avoid heavy and difficult to digest foods that can worsen the condition of patients. After a gradual recovery can begin gradually to supply normal diet. It is advisable to avoid dairy products, alcohol and caffeine until your recovery.
Viral gastroenteritis usually passes in a few days and does not require any serious treatment. Children are more susceptible to dehydration and may require hospitalization for several days to restore fluid balance.
If your diarrhea lasts more than a few days or signs of dehydration is imperative to consult a doctor. You should consult a doctor and some of the following symptoms:
confusion and dizziness
lack of urination for more than 8 hours.
Saturday, March 14, 2015
The most important thing you can do is to boost how your body fights off infections. That means to boost your immune system. When your body is in the best shape that it is in, it can easily fight off infections. One of the easiest natural ways is to take Vitamin C. It can be found in many different foods and drinks these days. Citrus fruits used to be the common foods to eat or drink as a way to get your vitamin C. Now, you can also get it in the cereals you eat, boosted orange juice, milk and even yogurt. There are lots of foods that companies put additional vitamin C into these days.
My favorite of all natural flu remedies is Echinacea. It is used as by many homeopathic companies as a way to boost one’s immunity and to provide a shield against colds. It has also been known to reduce any symptoms that you might experience, if you already have a cold or flu. And, it can help reduce the duration of your cold.
Sleep is one thing that many of us don’t get much of these days. Believe it or not, sleep is one of the most important things to keep us from being susceptible to colds, viruses and the swine flu. It’s because a good amount of sleep helps to repair our bodies and build up our immune system. Sleep will also reduce our stress level which helps to keep our immune system strong.
Most people also do not get enough exercise. It is a fact that exercise brings about a healthy body and as well boosts our immune system. Not only that but there also other great benefits, such as reducing asthma, obesity and diabetes.
No one likes bees, but bee pollen or honey is a natural remedy as well as an immune system builder as well.
And, of course, the age old adage – wash your hands. Our parents told us to do so, our schools teach us this and so does every public broadcast. By washing our hands properly we reduce the chance that we will pick up or even propagate any germs such as the swine flu or H1N1. The best thing to do in this case is to wash for a good 15 to 20 seconds and cover the entire surface of your hand.
There are many more natural flu remedies to fight the flu this season, but the best way is certainly through prevention.
Monday, January 12, 2015
What happens ín cases of stomach flu ínclude írrítatíon and ínflammatíon of many parts of your gastroíntestínal tract. Thís can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and other uncomfortable stomach flu symptoms. If you aren’t able to take ín enough fluids, ít can also lead to dehydratíon. Thís ís partícularly true of young chíldren.
Because so many thíngs can cause ít, you should contact your doctor. You wíll be gíven ínstructíons about what to look for, what to do and when to come ín for a check up. The elderly and young chíldren may need to be seen ríght away to avoíd secondary problems such as dehydration.
Now, as to how to get over ít. In most cases, tíme ís the only answer. You may need supportíve care, but most thíngs you have to swallow wíll probably not stay ín long enough to do any good. Thís ís especíally true íf nausea and vomiting are part of the equatíon.
You should ask your doctor ín advance what to have on hand ín case you or someone ín your famíly develop thís condítíon. Most pedíatrícíans recommend that parents keep oral rehydration fluids avaílable at all tímes. These are readíly avaílable wíthout a prescríptíon.
In the títle of thís artícle, the questíon was asked “can garlic kíll the stomach flu.” In a word, no. It would also be unwíse to take garlíc íf you have any sort of gastrointestinal inflammation or ínflammatíon, as ít could make the sítuatíon worse. Garlíc may have some antívíral functíons, but the írrítatíon ít causes after ingestíon wíll be a hundred tímes worse.
Oatmeal ís one. Íf there ís no nausea or vomiting, try eating a bowl of plaín oatmeal wíthout mílk or cream. Do so slowly, as your body ísn’t goíng to want a lot of stuff híttíng the stomach quíckly.
Lícoríce ís another possíbílíty, but care has to be taken wíth ít. If you are diabetic, use DGL tablets, as there ís a large quantíty of sugar ín thís root. Also, íf you have hígh blood pressure, don’t use ít at all. Thís remedy should not be gíven to young chíldren.
Sports’ drínks could be vítal to preventíng dehydratíon. These were desígned to gíve athletes an edge duríng sportíng events and could help you keep your electrolytes balanced. They usually contaín a lot of sugar, so ask the doctor before begínníng to use them.
It ís a good ídea to talk to your doctor or your chíld’s pedíatrícían at the fírst sígn of thís condítíon. Make sure the doctor knows of any pre-exístíng medícal condítíons as well as any medícatíons/supplements you are on. Thís can help you avoíd any síde effects or drug/herb ínteractíons.
Sunday, December 7, 2014
In the season of frequent illness are.
As we look around us - everyone complains of the "virus" or "cold".
Some cough, others have chills, third vomit ....
In a bad day and we get sick.
How do we know that we have the flu?
Here are the main flu symptoms that are supporting at diagnosis:
- The Full health chills and fever - 39 -40 degrees.
- Pain In joints and muscles
- Full Looseness and adinamiya - are confined to bed
- You Have cough, vomiting, diarrhea
- Skin and visible mucous membranes are pale
Its presence in patients with the same symptoms in our immediate environment - family, friends, colleagues.
In the presence of 3 or more of these symptoms, the first is always required in the diagnosis of influenza.
Common flu symptoms include sudden fever and chills, cough, muscle aches, headache, fatigue and weakness. Influenza patients may complain of a stuffy nose and sore throat. Only chicken soup will not go if you want to treat the flu. Immediately go to the doctor if you notice symptoms of influenza. Treatment with antiviral must begin no later than 2 days after onset of symptoms.
Cold or flu - visit to the doctor
Colds and flu have similar symptoms. It is important to establish the difference between cold and flu and visit your doctor no later than 2 days of onset of symptoms, if you suspect you have the flu.
Cold or flu in children - a visit to the pediatrician
Children are the group that often develops as a result of influenza secondary complications such as bronchitis, otitis, etc.
Influenza infection occurs with many unusual symptoms - sudden onset of high body temperature, severe fatigue, denial of food, dry irritating cough, muscle aches. These symptoms can occur in other acute respiratory diseases. The most reliable diagnosis is evidence of influenza virus by washes of the rhinopharynx, and in a later stage - detection of influenza antibodies in the serum of children.
In all cases appropriate visiting pediatrician to assess the child's condition.
Flu or cold - recognizing symptoms
And cold and flu are viral infections that have similar symptoms, such as cough and sore throat. Cold is usually mild and affects the area of the pharynx, while the flu usually more severe, with symptoms that include sudden onset of fever, accompanied by pain in joints and muscles.
Measures at the first symptoms of flu
At first suspicious signs of influenza should start with plenty of fluid intake (herbal teas, broths), many vitamins - mandatory and vitamin C; lots of fresh fruits and vegetables; monitoring body temperature (especially in children - at least 3-4 times daily).
Relieve the symptoms of flu
How about a nice cup of tea?
Take plenty of fluids - especially hot drinks, which can relieve feelings like a broken.
Vacationing is also essential to deal with the flu, also gives you a good reason to stay up late in bed.
Flu remains infected 3 or 4 days after the onset of symptoms, so I stay at home and be treated to reduce the risk of infecting someone else.
Signs and symptoms of infection with flu A H1N1
Signs of influenza A H1N1 "swine flu" are similar to the flu, including lifting of fever, cough, headache, muscle pain and joint pain, sore throat, runny nose, and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Infants and the seniors are particularly susceptible to the stomach virus with improved potential for much more serious symptoms. The virus goes into the abdomen and outcomes in nausea or nausea, diarrhoea, nausea, abdomen pain and appetite loss. It usually continues 24 to 72 hours. Specifically Early stomach flu symptoms include abdomen pain, nausea or nausea, complications and quite often a high temperature. Diarrhea and nausea can also be experienced once the malware goes into complete power. While kids suffer from a abdomen malware they can pass it on to others. Using the School of Mich Health System the best way to prevent the propagate of stomach flu is through regular side cleaning.
Signs and warning symptoms and symptoms of abdomen malware usually last five to seven times in kids, and one to two times in grown ups. For kids under a year physician will most likely suggest having an dental rehydration solution such as Pedialyte or Ricelyte which come in various preferences and even in pop sicle form. To support kids keep fluids down small, regular amounts are better than consuming a complete glass. Dr. Frankowski suggests her sufferers to try a half ounce to an ounces every 20 or Half an hour for kids under two and the same amount but every 15 to 20 moments for the kids older than that.
The very best part about it is that the stomach virus is not a certain sickness and will manage on its own after a few times of TLC. Children most regularly get infected in school and play areas. Grownups are usually infected at work on the bus or high traffic areas like shops, events, groups or cafes. Human physical liquid can be moved extremely easily. Therefore it is essential keep a fresh around when working with meals or trembling arms with people and makes sure to completely fresh your arms during the abdomen malware season between Oct and Feb more than regular. Having infected meals or arms is one of the most common ways the malware is passed on from individual to individual. Good cleanliness is the best protection as below.
1. Washing Hands Frequently
It is better to use a non reusable document hand towel than a material hand towel that can harbour viruses. Gastroenteritis outcomes in many visits to the bathing room and parents should be particularly certain to clean kids arms after each trip.
2. Using Hand Better When Detergent and Water are Not Available
Parents can use a side sanitizer made with at least 60 percent alcohol. This guarantees that it can remove the malware that can cause gastroenteritis. Moreover, Children have to fresh their arms before in contact with “community” things such as phones, computer computer keyboard and doorknobs.
3. Being a disinfectant Surfaces
It is essential to fresh areas utilizing non reusable cloths or sponges before disinfecting bathrooms, cleanse manage, drain sink and the light change with special attention by using a swimming pool water bleach-based household cleaner.
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
At the height of the summer talking with a specialist for the most common seasonal diseases and infections.
- Do Enteroviruses are the most common viral infections in the summer?
- Not only are they. For the summer season are typical bacterial intestinal infections. This is quite understandable. But really enteroviruses are one of the causes of diseases in the summer.
- Which people suffer most?
- Children. The infection is transmitted by contaminated hands and by contaminated food. In summer temperatures remain on the food creates an opportunity for growth of microorganisms.
- I frequent during the summer cases of intestinal infections and food poisoning in children?
- During the summer, frequent infections of the gastrointestinal tract. They can be both viral and bacterial. It is quite normal to frequent. Summer temperatures, many people gather in one place allows these infections to spread. Personal care each of us must be very strict - wash your hands regularly, avoid contact with sick people, carefully storing food. Normally in summer and frequent viral intestinal infections, and viral bacterial infections.
- How spend intestinal infection elderly?
- Relatively easy. Nevertheless, there are risks of developing serous meningitis and more serious medical conditions.
- What is your advice?
- When there is fever, diarrheal stools, vomiting, and these symptoms last for more than one day, immediately seek GP.
- What other diseases occur during the summer?
- Mostly hepatitis A. The reason for it are also contaminated water and food products. Summer favors the collection of many people in one place. This allows the spread of infection - and those transmitted by the airborne route, and of those related to food preparation. Contingents who suffer most are children in camps.
- Could you tell us something about conjunctivitis in the summer?
- One of the most common causes of disease in children, and in adults, are adenoviral infections. It is they who cause the development of conjunctivitis of PCF on mezadenit.
- What are Adenoviruses?
- They may also exist in a quiescent state. Then, at a certain challenge - eg. colds or reduce the body's defenses are manifested. In such cases, people should seek the help of your GP. And do not think that probemat is innocent! Of course, can intervene and bacterial infections. But summer temperatures and the sun most often cause adenoviral konkyunktiviti
- Do the warm season in digestive disorders such as diarrhea summer?
- Of course. Eating disorders are a large group of diseases. During the summer, most often confronted with salmonellosis. I repeat: the food must be stored properly in the summer heat! Here I can give
Market sold a lot of quick consumption. If you buy a roast chicken, cream or other product for quick use, consume these foods in the same day, within 12 hours after purchase! Most people do not respect this rule. Usually residues that food put in the refrigerator and used the next day. In summer temperatures in the presence of certain microorganisms dose they multiply and reach the so-called. infective dose. It is usually large and can cause disease.
Most often food poisoning are bacterial origin. Case of salmonellosis. They are becoming more common in the summer.
- When an antibiotic is needed to treat the infection?
- This assesses the general practitioner. One of the wrong things in Bulgaria is the self! I like to say that if one exits and vomit 2-3 times 1-2 times, this is no trouble. Whether this person will drink tea at home, if you give some symptomatic preparation does not matter. Normally the body cope alone with minor intestinal infections. But if you vomit more than 5 times to 10 times and has severe diarrhea, he now needs medical help. That is. Need to be examined by infectious diseases. Water losses lead to electrolyte losses. A compensation of electrolytes should be adjusted by your doctor. No need to look innocent diarrhea or vomiting when more than 4-5 times a day. I wish my message to reach your readers: more than 4-5 vomiting or diarrheal stools require medical supervision! We should not think that diarrhea is a mild disease. We, the doctors, we must be especially attentive to patients. When you lose water and electrolytes, cardiac muscle is threatened. This is especially important for people with chronic diseases (particularly cardiovascular). In such cases untimely measures may lead to death!
- What does healthy nutrition during the summer?
- Fruit, vegetables. In summer the market has enough. Besides good food, we are particularly important good sleep and good rest. If they are missing, you will not succeed in his defense at all harmful agents that circulate this season. The body is important to have as less stress! The food should be varied and rational - it must be present vitamins that are abundant during the summer. We can not just we eat a multivitamin tablet and we think this way we loaded a complex system in your body, which is called immune.
- What to keep kids in the summer?
- Mostly - from sunburns from eating pastries and cakes that have been stored. Should not give products in which there eggs, cream, meat, older than two days! We must protect children from watersheds. In polluted rivers in stagnant water remain enteroviruses. In no case should bathe and play there! In such cases, they absorb water that is contaminated. Thus, at risk of being infected.
- Does the flu in the summer?
- Summer flu is caused precisely by enteroviruses. Currently the country has a circulation of these viruses, which is typical for the season.
- What to take ill in summer flu?
- Symptomatic means. It is very important ongoing relationship with your GP. This connection can also be indirect - by telephone. It is very difficult for a doctor to tell you what to take in mild cases of the summer flu. The approach to each person to be an individual. Can not give general recommendations.
How much this article has been helpful, you can share in the comments box. If you want to express an opinion on gastric flu, stomach flu and summer infections, please send your comments to the subject.